FTM Top Surgery Surgeons
Dr. Usha Rajagopal
Dr. Usha Rajagopal, MD is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has more than 20 years of experience in chest reconstruction surgery. Based in downtown San Francisco, Dr. Rajagopal is highly regarded by patients for her exceptional surgery skills and results and her bedside manner.
Dr. Rajagopal completed her Fellowship in Plastic Surgery at UCSF, one of the best plastic surgery centers in the United States. She is a member of:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Rajagopal performs the following Top Surgery procedures: Inverted-T (aka T-Anchor), Double Incision with free nipple grafts, Peri-areolar and Keyhole.
For medium and large chested men, Dr. Rajagopal favors the Inverted-T method. Instead of nipple grafts, she repositions the nipple and areola to a higher male position on the chest using a pedicle technique. This preserves the nipple stalk, and with less impact on the blood supply and nerves that go into the nipple-areolar complex, a high level of sensation can be retained.
The cost of Top Surgery with Dr. Rajagopal ranges from $8000 to $12,000 depending on the procedure and amount of breast and fat tissue. (Exact pricing can only be determined following a consultation.)
If you're frustrated by feminine looking body curves, talk to Dr. Rajagopal about Body Sculpting. Using liposuction, Dr. Rajagopal can help eliminate curves in the waist, thighs, and buttocks. Body Sculpting can often be performed at the same time as Top Surgery.
Dr. Rajagopal performs FTM surgeries at the Willow Surgery Center, a fully accredited, state-of-the-art facility. She is also affiliated with the California Pacific Medical Center and St. Francis Memorial Hospital.
- Good overall health and medical clearance
- Psychological evaluation
- 18 and over
- 12 months Real Life Experience (RLE)
- EKG and/or Mammogram, if indicated.
Booking Top Surgery
- Contact Dr. Rajagopal to schedule your free in-person or phone consultation.
- Dr. Rajagopal accepts CareCredit, MedLoanFinance, and MedicalFinancing. She also accepts insurance.
Have questions? Contact Dr. Rajagopal here.