Dr. Manish Champaneria
FTM Top Surgery Washington & Oregon
Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD is a board certified plastic surgeon who offers Top Surgery for transgender men in Southern Washington and Oregon. His extensive training and experience includes a special focus on reconstructive chest procedures. Dr. Champaneria is one of only a few surgeons who accepts Washington Medicaid and Medicare for Top Surgery.
Dr. Champaneria graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience from UCLA, and was top of his class at the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis. He completed a plastic surgery residency, and served as chief resident, at Loma Linda University, followed by a reconstructive microsurgery fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle, with special training in microsurgical breast reconstruction. Additionally, he has co-authored several book chapters on breast reconstruction.
Dr. Champaneria is a member of:
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (Candidate)
- American Society for Reconstructive Transplantation
- World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland
- Washington Society of Plastic Surgery
- Washington State Medical Association
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Medical Association
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
Dr. Champaneria offers each of the common methods of Top Surgery—Double Incision with nipple grafts, Inverted-T, Keyhole and Peri-areolar—as well as facial and body masculinization surgeries.
Dr. Champaneria accepts cash, credit cards, and certified check, as well as insurance, including: Molina, AppleHealth, DHSW, Humana, Regence, TriCare, Providence, Healthnet, Cigna and Meritain.
Dr. Champaneria accepts Washington Medicaid (but not Oregon Medicaid), Medicare, and medical financing from companies such as CareCredit.
Cost of Top Surgery & Booking a Consultation
The exact cost of Top Surgery is determined following your consultation with Dr. Champaneria. The $100 consult fee is deducted from your surgery cost. To book your consultation, contact Dr. Champaneria's office here.
Dr. Champaneria performs Top Surgery at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. He also has privledges at Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital.
- Dr. Champaneria operates on Informed Consent. A letter from a therapist is recommended but only required if you are using insurance to pay for your surgery.
- Dr. Champaneria will operate on minors with parental consent.