Dr. Kathy Rumer
FTM Top Surgery Expert
Dr. Kathy L. Rumer is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in the Philadelphia tri-state area who is an expert in FTM Top Surgery. Performing at least 150 Top Surgeries a year, Dr. Rumer provides patients with a natural looking, masculine chest.
Dr. Rumer's patients' results, along with her extensive formal education and experience, have made her a highly sought after Top Surgery Surgeon.
Dr. Rumer gets excellent results with each of the common surgical techniques: Double Incision with nipple grafts, Peri-areolar and Keyhole Top Surgery. She uses drains for Double Incision but not for Peri-areolar or Keyhole. Compression garments are worn for 3 weeks post-op.
While cost varies, Top Surgery with Dr. Rumer typically costs in the area of $7000.
For $95/day, patients can also experience Dr. Rumer's Recovery Program, staying at either a local hotel (at additional expense) or at Dr. Rumer's recovery facility. Patients will be seen daily by Dr. Rumer and/or her Nurse Practioner. Top Surgery patients typically stay for 3 days after surgery.
Arranging Your Surgery With Dr. Rumer:
- Contact Dr. Rumer to schedule your in-person, phone or Skype consultation. The consultation fee of $75 will be applied towards your Top Surgery.
- Dr. Rumer is a member of WPATH and follows the Standards of Care. You will require a letter of recommendation from a psychologist or other mental health professional.
- Dr. Rumer follows mammography protocols of the American Cancer Society. Patients 40 years old or older will require a mammogram (or 35 years or older if there's a family history of breast cancer.)
- The wait time for a Top Surgery date is approximately 2-4 months following your consultation.
- Dr. Rumer accepts cash, credit cards, checks, insurance from multiple insurers, and financing from multiple medical financing companies such as CareCredit. Dr. Rumer is also an approved out-of-state Medicaid provider for New York and Massachusetts.
In addition to Top Surgery, Dr. Rumer offers the full range SRS procedures for trans men: Hysterectomy, Metoidioplasty, Phalloplasty, Body Sculpting, Facial Masculinization and Hair Grafting.
Have Questions? Contact Dr. Rumer here.
Dr. Kathy Rumer, DO
105 Ardmore Ave.
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003